10 November 2009

Argument or WAR?

When I met my current husband, I asked my self if I was willing to walk through hell for this man. But I feel that the more important question was, do I know in my heart that this man will walk through hell for me? What good is a relationship if you feel that you're not loved by the other person?


One of the things that I've learned in my marriages is that if you're BOTH willing to endure the trials TOGETHER then there's nothing that can stand in your way. And with God on your side ANYTHING is possible.

A relationship wouldn't be the same without conflict. The way you resolve these conflicts can make a big impact on your future in the relationship. An important thing to remember is that you love this person so you don't want to hurt them. Another thing is that arguing to rub it in the other person's face isn't going to help the conflict. Arguments shouldn't be treated as a WAR but instead as a discussion to resolve conflict. The key to a good and productive argument is RESPECT. Listen to your partner and kindly let them know your point of view. NEVER make big decisions when you're angry. Talk it through...COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE...did you get that???