After my ex left I decided to give myself some time to "mourn". I knew that if I got all my crying and anger out at once, when I did start dating again it would be because I was ready to move on. Not because I wanted to get back at my ex.
I started dating again about 4 months later. It was confusing and exciting at the same time. Of course it was new and scary, but I knew I wanted the experience. I dated a lot of different guys to get a feel of what I really wanted in a significant other. I dated so much, my family started joking around asking me what the "flavor of the month" was. While dating, I came to the conclusion that I didn't want a significant other. I was okay with dating with no long term commitments. I wasn't looking for a husband or a "baby daddy" I just wanted "arm candy" hahaha.
I didn't expect to meet someone who would change my life and my view on men, but I did and it's been great.
There is life after the D word, and for some it's a better one. I'm not saying that the grass is greener on the other side. I'm saying that when someone leaves you, it's not the end of the world.